Former Lagos-State governor and National Leader of ruling party All Progressive Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, said that he got a good birthday present from the governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode, as he turned 65.
The APC‘s national leader Bola Tinubu said this while commissioning network of roads, link bridge and health centre in the Alimosho area of the state as part of activities to mark his 65th birthday.
Tinubu, said that he got worried when Ambode took over the reins of power in Lagos, said the governor’s sterling performance in the last 22 months has made him proud.
“ Today, you (Ambode) have given me a good birthday present. This is a great opportunity for me to be very proud again. Therefore, if we can continue in this direction of infrastructural development in the manner Governor Ambode is moving, Lagos will soon match international states or country anywhere in the world. Ambode is very quiet, very peaceful, not a noise maker, but he is delivering on the job.”
Continuing, he said: “I want to say thank you because experience is a great teacher and I am experienced. I am on the spot and I have watched things in Lagos since my tenure ended,” he said.
“I was worried hell when you (Ambode) took over, not because of your credibility, character or capacity, but because however wise or smart a man is, if there is no resources to back the ideas, production would be zero, progress would be zero.
“When you (Ambode) took over, I know you inherited a burden of debt. The debt profile of Lagos was high, I was wondering how you will reengineer and face the challenges to make progress.
Today, I can see your report card, you have scored well, and you have shown prudency especially in the judicious use of resources of the state.
“You didn’t disappoint us. Ambode is silently achieving, meticulously planning, religiously executing and brilliantly giving results for Lagos State. All over Lagos, we are seeing the results. At Oshodi, on our way down here, you can see what is happening there, that place is a construction site. It used to be a den of robbers but what is going on there now is developmental activities for the benefit of the entire country,” Tinubu said.
On his part, Gov Ambode said Tinubu’s blueprint for Lagos has helped him in achieving the Lagos dream.
More from my site
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017
- Wizkid Takes Us On New Ride with Unreleased Video of ” Come Closer ” Without Drake - July 1, 2017
- American Rap God Jay-Z Drops 13th Studio Album “4:44”, Address Issues of Cheating on His Wife, Confirms that His Mother is Lesbian, Black Supremacy and Others - June 30, 2017