Former Lagos-State governor and National Leader of ruling party All Progressive Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, said that he got a good birthday present from the governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode, as he turned 65.
The APC‘s national leader Bola Tinubu said this while commissioning network of roads, link bridge and health centre in the Alimosho area of the state as part of activities to mark his 65th birthday.
Tinubu, said that he got worried when Ambode took over the reins of power in Lagos, said the governor’s sterling performance in the last 22 months has made him proud.
“ Today, you (Ambode) have given me a good birthday present. This is a great opportunity for me to be very proud again. Therefore, if we can continue in this direction of infrastructural development in the manner Governor Ambode is moving, Lagos will soon match international states or country anywhere in the world. Ambode is very quiet, very peaceful, not a noise maker, but he is delivering on the job.”
Continuing, he said: “I want to say thank you because experience is a great teacher and I am experienced. I am on the spot and I have watched things in Lagos since my tenure ended,” he said.
“I was worried hell when you (Ambode) took over, not because of your credibility, character or capacity, but because however wise or smart a man is, if there is no resources to back the ideas, production would be zero, progress would be zero.
“When you (Ambode) took over, I know you inherited a burden of debt. The debt profile of Lagos was high, I was wondering how you will reengineer and face the challenges to make progress.
Today, I can see your report card, you have scored well, and you have shown prudency especially in the judicious use of resources of the state.
“You didn’t disappoint us. Ambode is silently achieving, meticulously planning, religiously executing and brilliantly giving results for Lagos State. All over Lagos, we are seeing the results. At Oshodi, on our way down here, you can see what is happening there, that place is a construction site. It used to be a den of robbers but what is going on there now is developmental activities for the benefit of the entire country,” Tinubu said.
On his part, Gov Ambode said Tinubu’s blueprint for Lagos has helped him in achieving the Lagos dream.
More from my site
- How OOU Final Year Student Dies in Car Accident, Months to Graduation - May 29, 2017
- 4 Reasons Lionel Messi is Most Overrated Player Of All Time - May 29, 2017
- Democracy Day : Here are Five Reason Buhari Should Resign as Nigeria’s President - May 29, 2017
- Happy Democracy Day to All GYonlineNG Readers - May 29, 2017
- Nigerian Musician Davido Called Out for Failing to Honour a Promise he Made on Poor Journalist ” The Wire Transfer, Davido & His Namesake Saga ” - May 27, 2017
- D’Prince is Here! Kokomaster D’banj Welcomes Baby Boy - May 26, 2017
- Twelve Years After Dropping Out, Mark Zuckerberg Bags Harvard Honourary Degree ” Mom I Always Told You I’d Come Back and Get My Degree ” - May 26, 2017
- Report : D’banj Reportedly Expecting A Child With His Wife In US - May 26, 2017
- Kcee Fires Shot at Harrysong Song-Writing Claims ” When I won Star Quest in 2002, Harrysong was Still in the Village ” - May 26, 2017
- Wizkid Announces Summer Mixtape ” Sound of The Other Side ” Releases Date - May 24, 2017