One of the top most priority of President Buhari’s led administration was to end corruption in Nigeria, but how could he achieve that dream without him enforcing all the financial crimes agency in country such as EFCC and ICPC.
The situation right now is that in less down three months, senate’s has rejected the nomination of Ibrahim Magu as EFCC chairman, based on allegation that he wines and dines with the corrupt, resides in a plush apartment rented at N40M (an amount well above his pay grade) and flies business class.
“This is in spite of Mr. President’s directive to all public servants to fly economy class”, the report stated in parts.
The Nigerian senate reject his nomination at the senate plenary session on Wednesday, March 15th, as the embattled EFCC boss arrived the national assembly flashed a pained smile this way and that and readied himself for his confirmation hearing.
He didn’t have to wait for too long, minutes later, the lawmakers had rejected him again.
The most vocal rejection voices came from flamboyant Senator Dino Melaye and his truculent colleague, Biodun Olujimi.
“Why prosecute people on the pages of newspapers?”, Olujimi flared.
Senator Dino Melaye said the Senate had received yet another security report on Magu from the DSS and that the President’s nominee had failed “the integrity test “.
From that moment, Magu was a goner. He should have known.
By popular vote, the Senate rejected Magu. Again!
As the situation unfold now is that Magu have all the case files of Senate President Bukola Saraki, most of senators and others top politicians in the country such James Ibori, Sambo Dasuki and others.
As Senate Reject Magu Twice, Who Will Now be EFCC Boss?
More from my site
- Have You Ever Forget What It Feels Like to Be In Love, Tiwa Savage Will Remind You In Her Sugarcane EP - September 22, 2017
- Which Nigerian Artistes Had the Best International Music Collaboration in 2017 - September 21, 2017
- From Mr Eazi to Davido, Now D’banj! Eedris Abdulkareem Had Harsh Words for D’Banj, While Glorified Don Jazzy - September 21, 2017
- Whatever He Touches Turns Gold! Wizkid & Drake’s Romance Hit Song ” One Dance ” Breaks Guinness Book of Records - September 21, 2017
- Global Sound! Afrobeat Goes Global as Wizkid Takes Future on New Ride of African Sound in ” Everytime ” - September 20, 2017
- French Montana & Ty Dolla Sign Revamp Mr Eazi’s ” Leg Over ” Remix with Major Lazer with New Flavour - September 16, 2017
- Ice Prince Returns Back to His Hip-Hop Root in ” Owonikoko ” Featuring Olamide - September 16, 2017
- The Aristocrat Releases Visual for His ” Wo’s ” Viral Cover by Olamide, Directed by Mofti Pro - September 15, 2017
- Developing Story : Rising Star CKay Rides on the Free Publicity of ” Who The Fu**k Is CKay ” Hullabalu, As He Releases ” Who The Fu**k Is CKay ” EP - September 9, 2017
- Africa Must Rise, Perception Or Reality by Ogunmola Tope - September 7, 2017