Few days ago, Nigeria President Muhammadu Buhari, disclosed that by May 29th, his administration will reveal all the details and names of looters that have refund stolen money back to the federation account.
In recent chat that Economic Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) chairman Ibrahim Magu, had with BBC Hausa in London, he reported that the agency has recovered more than $3.1 billion from corrupt persons.
“Because of what is going on, I can’t tell you the exact amount we have recovered so far. But we are still collecting the monies,” he said according to Daily Trust.
“I can’t tell you for now, but what we have recovered within this period alone, was never recorded since the establishment of the EFCC in 2003.
“Actually, what we recovered is way beyond that figure,” Magu said when he was asked to clarify reports that the EFCC had recovered $3.1bn so far.
“I don’t want to let it out now. On 29 May, we will disclose every detail and Nigerians will know what we have done,” Magu added.
The EFCC Chairman also said that the agency will invite former president, Goodluck Jonathan when it gathers evidence linking him to corrupt practices.
More from my site
- 5 Reasons Why Your Business Needs A Blog : How to Create Your Blog or Site in 5 Minutes with WordPress - November 21, 2017
- Bluehost Black Friday 2017 Live : Special BlueHost Black Friday Coupons 80% OFF - November 21, 2017
- All What You Need to Know About Mother of Wizkid’s Third Child - November 20, 2017
- Dancehall Singer Burna Boy Invites by Police for Having Hand in Mr.2kay’s Robbery Attack at Eko Hotel - November 20, 2017
- Nigerian Pop Star Wizkid Welcomes Third Child in Six Years - November 20, 2017
- Tiwa Savage Did Not Owns ” Malo ” Song, But You? - November 20, 2017
- 10 Times DJ Cuppy Rock Ankara Attire that Will Totally Make You In Love with Her - November 17, 2017
- Wizkid and Davido Takes Their Beef Fight to Dubai, Watch How Wizkid And Davido’s Crew Attack Sarkodie As They Clash Violently In Dubai - November 17, 2017
- Music Entrepreneur Davido Signed New Artist to DMW Label - November 16, 2017
- Lamborghini Gives Pope Francis Personalized Car as Gift, But Plans to Auction it for Charity - November 15, 2017