Last week Friday, 35-year-old Rwandese businesswoman Diane Shima Rwigara, declared her interest to run for the biggest public office in Rwanda in the next general election, though it came as shock to many people but what went wrong was her nude photo that surfaced online which might cause damage to her political career.
The successful business-woman will run against the sitting president Paul Kagame, who has been in power for the past 17 years, Frank Habineza of Democratic Green Party of Rwanda, the only registered opposition party to Kagame’s government; and Phillipe Mpayimana, a former journalist and author.
Her interest in politics is a great news for woman role in leadership in the country because Diane Shima Rwigara, is the first female independent presidential candidate since she declared her interest to run.
After the news goes viral online, their are report that the nude photo was a move to humiliate her political ambition, who has recently boldly come out to attack President Paul Kagame on what she described as bad governance, is likely to attract criticism from women rights activists in Rwanda and globally.
It’s sad to see that these are the tactics being employed to discourage her from running for president. In 2017 these things shouldn’t be happening as there should be room for a free and fair election.
But in all of this, the fact that Diane hasn’t let these photos break her spirit, and is forging ahead and most especially hasn’t dropped out of the race is very encouraging.
Well, one thing is evident through Diane’s actions, and that is, she is a fighter, and for this reason, deserves to have a free and fair election.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
More from my site
- Uncensored: Toyo Baby Open Ups on Relationship with Funke Akindele, Departure from Jenifa’s Diary & Her Unofficial Roles with Aunty Funke - June 22, 2017
- Has Alao-Akala Died Politically? | The Policeman Who Became A Governor - June 21, 2017
- Kim Kardashian New Beauty Line Sold Out in Millions Within Three Hours of Launch - June 21, 2017
- DJ Khaled Launches His Headphones - June 21, 2017
- After Months of Crisis, CEO of Uber Travis Kalanick Resigns - June 21, 2017
- Breaking : President Buhari Suffers Speech Impairement In The UK - June 20, 2017
- American Celebrity Power Couple Jay-Z and Beyoncé Welcomes Twins — Taye & Kehinde, Born Ahead of Time - June 20, 2017
- Foreign & Nigerian Banks Take Over Etisalat Nigeria Due to $1.72 billion Debt - June 20, 2017
- Moving to APC or Not, Misiliu Obanikoro Denies Report of Joining APC - June 20, 2017
- From Messi to Ronaldo, Now Jose Mourinho Accused of Tax Fraud in Spain - June 20, 2017