Last week Friday, 35-year-old Rwandese businesswoman Diane Shima Rwigara, declared her interest to run for the biggest public office in Rwanda in the next general election, though it came as shock to many people but what went wrong was her nude photo that surfaced online which might cause damage to her political career.
The successful business-woman will run against the sitting president Paul Kagame, who has been in power for the past 17 years, Frank Habineza of Democratic Green Party of Rwanda, the only registered opposition party to Kagame’s government; and Phillipe Mpayimana, a former journalist and author.
Her interest in politics is a great news for woman role in leadership in the country because Diane Shima Rwigara, is the first female independent presidential candidate since she declared her interest to run.
After the news goes viral online, their are report that the nude photo was a move to humiliate her political ambition, who has recently boldly come out to attack President Paul Kagame on what she described as bad governance, is likely to attract criticism from women rights activists in Rwanda and globally.
It’s sad to see that these are the tactics being employed to discourage her from running for president. In 2017 these things shouldn’t be happening as there should be room for a free and fair election.
But in all of this, the fact that Diane hasn’t let these photos break her spirit, and is forging ahead and most especially hasn’t dropped out of the race is very encouraging.
Well, one thing is evident through Diane’s actions, and that is, she is a fighter, and for this reason, deserves to have a free and fair election.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
More from my site
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017
- Wizkid Takes Us On New Ride with Unreleased Video of ” Come Closer ” Without Drake - July 1, 2017
- American Rap God Jay-Z Drops 13th Studio Album “4:44”, Address Issues of Cheating on His Wife, Confirms that His Mother is Lesbian, Black Supremacy and Others - June 30, 2017