Should Federal Government of Nigeria scrap National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
Veteran Nollywood actress, Diva and one of the most celebrated Nollywood movie star Omotola Jalade Ekehinde, want the administration of President Buhari to Scrap NYSC .
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) was created in 1973, the purpose of the organisation is for Nigerian graduates are expected to mix with people of other tribes, social and family backgrounds, to learn the culture of the indigenous in the place they are posted to. This action is aimed at bringing about unity in the country and to help youths appreciate other ethnic groups.
In an exclusive interview to New Telegraph correspondent Omotola, says that her wish to President Buhari is to scrap NYSC.
What advice do you have for President Muhammadu Buhari?
He should scrap NYSC. It’s not useful, he should please do that for Nigerians. Our children don’t need it anymore.
Why do you want NYSC scrapped, knowing fully well it’s a national orientation programme?
I have looked at the programme thoroughly and exactly what it’s supposed to have achieved over the years. Believe me, there is no credible or tangible result. It’s a total waste of time and resources and I think all the time and resources should be channelled into something more resourceful.
For instance, I have had situations where some members of my staff, in the name of NYSC, left for a year only to come back and their spaces had been taken by another. You can imagine. NYSC is not just adding any value to our society or even to the lives of our children.
More from my site
- Ex American President Barrack Obama, Break Internet with Most-Liked Tweet on Charlottesville Saga - August 16, 2017
- Changing the Culture by Forming a new Habit Model of Newsletter! - August 3, 2017
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017