This one na hip-hop circular/ mo lowo, mo popular – Mo Popular, Terry Apala.
Several Nigerian upcoming musicians are struggling – and failing – and also many others find themselves sounding like Wizkid, Davido and Olamide before they could be known, but there is a young lad who believes in the opposite side of that thought and his name is Terry Apala.
The ” Champagne Showers ” by Terry Apala is something we can describe as old wine in new skin and it’s gradually gaining acceptance into the mainstream of Nigerian pop and Hip-Hop music.
Terry Apala is trying to revive the old genre of music Apala Music into the mainstream of Nigeria music. History says that Apala music was introduced by late Alhaji Haruna Ishola and Ayinla Omowura in the late 1930’s.
Apala is a genre, originally derived from the Yoruba people of Nigeria. It’s a percussion-based style that developed in the late 1930s, when it was used to wake up Muslims after fasting during Ramadan. The rythms eventually evolved, influenced by Cuban music and became pretty popular in Nigeria.
Terry Apala, is a solo singer, he hails from Delta State but he spent most of his growing years in Ajegunle, a suburb of Lagos. In early 2000’s a direct descendant of late Haruna Ishola, Musiliu, re-invented the sound into a funky hip-hop version, to create the track ‘Soyoyo’.
During those period, the track ” Soyoyo” received massive attention in the mainstream and the street vibes acceptance is somethings else. Now Musiliu Ishola believes that Terry Apala will help him re-invent the musical legacy of his late father Apala music.
Terry Apala‘s latest track ” Champagne Showers ” is gradually gaining acceptance among music lovers and also generating excitement among Nigeria music circle as it rejuvenates a dying genre.
The rising star expressed that the attention, the expectations and the pressure could be overwhelming and sometimes, gets him worried.
More from my site
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017
- Wizkid Takes Us On New Ride with Unreleased Video of ” Come Closer ” Without Drake - July 1, 2017
- American Rap God Jay-Z Drops 13th Studio Album “4:44”, Address Issues of Cheating on His Wife, Confirms that His Mother is Lesbian, Black Supremacy and Others - June 30, 2017