This one na hip-hop circular/ mo lowo, mo popular – Mo Popular, Terry Apala.
Several Nigerian upcoming musicians are struggling – and failing – and also many others find themselves sounding like Wizkid, Davido and Olamide before they could be known, but there is a young lad who believes in the opposite side of that thought and his name is Terry Apala.
The ” Champagne Showers ” by Terry Apala is something we can describe as old wine in new skin and it’s gradually gaining acceptance into the mainstream of Nigerian pop and Hip-Hop music.
Terry Apala is trying to revive the old genre of music Apala Music into the mainstream of Nigeria music. History says that Apala music was introduced by late Alhaji Haruna Ishola and Ayinla Omowura in the late 1930’s.
Apala is a genre, originally derived from the Yoruba people of Nigeria. It’s a percussion-based style that developed in the late 1930s, when it was used to wake up Muslims after fasting during Ramadan. The rythms eventually evolved, influenced by Cuban music and became pretty popular in Nigeria.
Terry Apala, is a solo singer, he hails from Delta State but he spent most of his growing years in Ajegunle, a suburb of Lagos. In early 2000’s a direct descendant of late Haruna Ishola, Musiliu, re-invented the sound into a funky hip-hop version, to create the track ‘Soyoyo’.
During those period, the track ” Soyoyo” received massive attention in the mainstream and the street vibes acceptance is somethings else. Now Musiliu Ishola believes that Terry Apala will help him re-invent the musical legacy of his late father Apala music.
Terry Apala‘s latest track ” Champagne Showers ” is gradually gaining acceptance among music lovers and also generating excitement among Nigeria music circle as it rejuvenates a dying genre.
The rising star expressed that the attention, the expectations and the pressure could be overwhelming and sometimes, gets him worried.
More from my site
- Forget Wizkid and Davido! Olamide Is Nigeria’s Highest Paid Artist — Alex Ozone - September 25, 2017
- Beat FM Lagos, OAP Toolz Oniru Confirms Pregnancy Loss With New Photos - September 25, 2017
- Kim Kardashian Revealed Epic Revelation How She Fell In Love with Kanye West - September 25, 2017
- Singer Skales Revealed Amazing Secret How Olamide Saves His Career - September 25, 2017
- Copy Of The Legal Termination Letter Peter Okoye Sent To Their Lawyer, Festus Keyamo Over P-Square Split Contractual Agreement - September 25, 2017
- P-Square is Over! The Untold Truth Behind Peter and Paul Okoye Split Saga - September 25, 2017
- The Aristocrat Out With Another Danceable Song ” Funaab Girl ” (Freesyle) + Download The Aristocrat — Funaab Girl (Freestyle) Ft Bravoor - September 23, 2017
- Have You Ever Forget What It Feels Like to Be In Love, Tiwa Savage Will Remind You In Her Sugarcane EP - September 22, 2017
- Which Nigerian Artistes Had the Best International Music Collaboration in 2017 - September 21, 2017
- From Mr Eazi to Davido, Now D’banj! Eedris Abdulkareem Had Harsh Words for D’Banj, While Glorified Don Jazzy - September 21, 2017