The likes of Raji Fashola, Rotimi Amaechi, Kemi Adeosun, Kayode Fayemi, Lai Mohammed and others were sworn in today at the presidential villa in Abuja.
Here on GY, I will love to access ministers with biggest portfolios out of the 366 ministers that was inaugurated today in Abuja.
In short I will be looking on the Top 5 Biggest Portfolios from President Buhari’s Ministers.
(5) Adamu Adamu – Minister of Education : Ever sector have it own task but the way Nigeria educational sector is means that newly appointed minister have worked to do.
In fact the educational sector need a total state of emergence for better leaders of tomorrow, because the world leaders of today were emerge through science and technology, while school are primary environment to acquire this knowledge.
(4) Ibe Kachukwu — Ministers of State (Petroleum) : Though the president of Nigeria Muhammadu Buhari, has appointed himself as the Ministers of Petroleum, but newly appointed state minister Ibe Kachukwu has enormous tasked to filled for this position.
Nigeria still sees crude oil has the only sources of income and their are several rumours of missing oil funds and un-remerited oil money into the federal account by oil & gas agency sector. The sector is know for corruption, which lead to the president Buhari, himself to appointment himself as minister in order to fight corruption in the sector.
In short Mr Ibe Kachukwu have a lot of work to do in this sector, because Nigeria reserve is empty according to statement by President Buhari.
(3) Rotimi Amaechi — Minister of Transportation : Many politico scholars don’t see it coming and their wilder speculation of him be appointed as minister Niger Delta, which is too small for him in my own view.
The energetic ex-governor of River-State Rotimi Amaechi, will be in control of sectors such as Aviation, Water Transport, Rail Transport and Road Transport. He also controls some of the richest agencies of government like NPA, NIMASA, Clearing ,Forwarding and Shippers Council, etc.
(2) Kemi Adeosun — Minister of Finance : Kemi Adeosun, faces a biggest task with country struggling with fall of oil price to 40% which is the nation solely source of income, despite been ranked as biggest economy in Africa.
Nigeria GDP growth has slowed to 4% this year, and the administration of Buhari need to push through more unpopular cuts to subsidies and infrastructure investments to plug the holes in its finances. Oil makes up around 60% of the government’s budget.
In fact this ministry is the biggest because they clear funds for other ministry to execute their plans and project.
(1) Babatunde Fashola — Minister of Power, Works and Housing : Ex-governor of Lagos-State Babatunde Fashola, has been handsomely rewarded with another federal biggest task after succeeding as governor of the country most populous state.
Despite been ranked as biggest economy in Africa, Nigeria still have about 5,000 Megawatts to supply over 170 Millions Nigeria. Several foreign investors has pack out their business in the country due to shortage of power supply and they has find the neighborhood country Ghana has best place for business.
Though federal government has privatized the electricity distribution about a year ago, the nation power sector is still not to write about.
If Babatunde Fashola, could fix the power sector, he could be rewarded with legendary status in the hands of millions of Nigerian.
NOTABLE SECTOR NOT MENTION:
Isaac Folorunsho Adeoye– Minister of Health : The health sector is another sector that need state of emergence. Mr Folorunsho Adeoye and Osagie Ehanire– State Minister Health need a lot of work to put in place in order to make Nigeria health sector most desirable place when it comes to health issue.
Audu Ogbeh– Minister of Agriculture : Though the country still believes in the crude oil as the only sources of income, but the newly appointed agriculture minister needs a lots of work to put in place in order to add the sector as another sources of revenue for the country.
Hadi Sirika– State Minister Aviation
Ogbonnaya Onu– Minister of Science and Technology
Kayode Fayemi– Minister of Solid Mineral
You can check out the complete list here.