Hey fitfam, the only time to work up a sweat shouldn’t be when you have almost missed an important flight. I totally understand that staying motivated enough for any fitness activity during a business trip is no easy feat but coupled with hectic schedules, serious business meetings, and you might be tempted to forget everything about your workout routine altogether.
Several business travellers hide under the guise of booking hotels with gym but more often than not very few of them have the time to hit the hotel gym every morning.
So unless you happen to be spending your work trip with a special trainer *wink*, try out these easy tips to shape you up on the go:
- Pack the right work out tools:
When packing the equipment’s your will need for exercise during your travel, it would be great if you can skip the dumbbells, as there are plenty of light equipment you can bring with you. Some of the feather-light options to toss in your bag include, resistance bands and a TRX. Drop in your hand towels and your water bottles can serve the purpose of a decent hand weight. However, your best bet is a jump rope. Research shows that you burn the most calories per minute with jump rope than with any other cardio.
- Make the most of delayed flights:
Has your flight been delayed or do you have to cope with a long layover. It is advisable to take a brisk walk around the airport. Taking a walk a day is kind of like that proverbial apple: There’s a good chance it’ll keep the doctor away. From helping you lose weight and de-stress to lowering your blood pressure and reducing your risk of many chronic diseases—going for regular walks is one of the best and easiest things you can do for your health, says Melina B. Jampolis, MD, author of the new book The Doctor on Demand Diet.
- Take post-flight stretches in your hotel room
Per adventure you will be visiting the capital city for business purposes, I would advise you book a hotel close to the airport like the Protea Hotel. You can rest easy after a long trip and as your muscles tend t be tighter than ever. Take some easy yoga stretches for post flight stiffness on arrival at your destination. Help your body and mind reset with two yoga poses: downward dog and child’s pose. Ward off lower-back soreness with a forward fold, bend at the hips and fall forward, hugging your knees and rocking side to side.
- Scope out the fitness scene:
There are chances you’ll want to get out of the hotel, check out deals on fitness classes or just call around to a few studios and see if they’re offering any one-time deals for first timers. Find a day of the week when gyms are pretty much abandoned, as your chances of finding something new and cheap are way higher.
- Go fast and hard with no equipment:
Even without a single fitness tool packed, you can get a crazy-good workout with simple bodyweight exercises. Just wake up early enough to do a few circuits. The early hours of the morning is the perfect time to do full body at high intensity. You have little time, so make every minute count. Do about a 100 jumping jacks, 60 seconds each of push ups, holding a plank, lunges per leg and burpees. Then repeat this activity two or three times again.
Photo credit: http://blog.yourhomesuite.com/
More from my site
- Wizkid Announces Summer Mixtape ” Sound of The Other Side ” Releases Date - May 24, 2017
- Has Wizkid Dances His Way to Billboard Awards, Can He Win His First Ever Solo BET Awards 2017 - May 24, 2017
- Highlights as Drake, Celine Dion, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj Shine at Billboard Music Awards 2017 - May 23, 2017
- #FreeAudu : Audu Maikori Sues Gov El Rufia for N10billion Over Human Rights Violation - May 22, 2017
- New Music : Download Terry Apala — Bad Girl Ft. Bisola - May 22, 2017
- Drake Sweep Billboard Music Awards 2017 as Beyonce,, Twenty One Pilots, The Chainsmokers and Others Wins Big + Complete List of Winners at Billboard Music Awards 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Canadian-American Rapper Drake Made History as Biggest Winner at Billboard Music Awards 2017 in a Single Year - May 22, 2017
- Nigerian Music Superstar Wizkid Made History as First Ever Nigerian Artiste to Win Billboard Music Awards 2017 with Three Heaven - May 22, 2017
- Gov Fayose to Fly Body of Late Actress Moji Olaiya Back to Nigeria for Proper Burial - May 20, 2017
- Tiwa Savage’s Husband Teebillz Open Ups on Being a Better Man ” God Deliberately Made Me to Experience those Challenges in Order to Become a Better Person ” - May 20, 2017