Several myths exist about the African continent, perhaps once reality but the current rate of globalization and economic growth quickly challenges the existing stereotypes. Africa offers a rich variety of cultural experiences, there is nothing quite like it.
Arguably, it’s an exquisite blend of the good, the bad and the ugly. The travel culture within the continent has yet to be completely embraced by Africans.
In many cases, these myths keep several travellers from exploring Africa. Jovago.com brings you five popular myths that not only hinder optimal exploration of Africa but also perpetuate a culture of ignorance around the world.
Africa is a country – This is probably the oldest of the misconceptions about Africa, with its fifty-four countries and diverse people. It remains a wonder how certain people are still of the perception that Africa is a country. Within its geographical space, the African continent can contain the United States, China, India, Eastern Europe amongst others. That certainly alludes to its vastness.
All Africans are poor – The first reaction to this is probably “Really?”. Indeed some Africans are poor as some Europeans and Asians however this is not the case for all Africans. That is buttressed by the fact that Africa has a vastly growing middle class. It is worthy of note that more could be done about the distribution of wealth to minimize the gap between the rich and poor.
Africans are mean and scary – This is quite the painful generalization, fortunately young people across Africa are doing a good job of breaking this stereotype.
Africa is not serene – Of course the rate of globalization is rendering Africa more urban however, in the
midst of all the hustle and bustle lies so much serenity… Just have a look at the Simien Mountains of Ethiopia.
More from my site
- Nigeria’s RapLord M.I & Chocolate City Sues American Rap Legend Nas for Delivering Wack Verse Despite What they Agreement Upon - October 20, 2017
- Rap Mogul M.I Abaga Fires with Machine Gun, As He Schools Every Rappers About the Game & Culture in New Single ” You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives “ - October 20, 2017
- Ace Comedian AY Makun and His Brothers Continue to Entertain Us, As they Announces Reality Show - October 19, 2017
- Real Madrid Star Cristiano Ronaldo Tops Forbes Richest Sport Star of 2017 + Complete List of 20 Richest Sport Star of 2017 by Forbes - October 18, 2017
- Former Super Eagles Legend Kanu and His Wife Amarachi Takes Us on Couple’s Perfect Fitness Goals In Powerful Photo - October 18, 2017
- Adorable Beautiful Pictures of Alaafin Of Oyo’s Youngest Wife and Son’s, As they All Oozing in Royalty - October 18, 2017
- GYOnlineNGList : Meet 10 Most Handsome Politicians In Nigeria - October 18, 2017
- Nigerian Musicians Dominate MOBO Awards 2017 Nominees as Wizkid, Davido, Tiwa Savage, Tekno & Other Battle for ” Best African Act ” Category - October 17, 2017
- Mixed Reactions as Nigerians Questions Jacobs Zuma Statue in Imo - October 17, 2017
- Where are the Defensive Genius Team as Pep Guardiola Keeps Winning Against All Odds by Jide Johnson Leoso - October 16, 2017