Remember when Nigerians topped the list as the happiest people in the world? Well, the year is almost over and here’s your chance to mingle with them and get ideas on how they manage to remain cheerful regardless of their situation.
As you can guess, there’s always an event going down somewhere in Nigeria – yes, the legendary Nigerian wedding is an experience of a lifetime for foreigners who want to get a taste of what parties should be like – add a little jollof rice in there and you might never return to your country.
Although festivals like Eyo in Lagos, the Argungu Fishing in Kebbi are popular aspects of Nigeria’s multiethnic society, Jovago shares some key events that are going down in Nigeria before the year ends which provide not only a chance to mingle and have a good time but also opportunities to network in Nigeria.
Here are Events to look out for before 2015 runs out!
Entrepreneurship meets fitness at the GEW WALK FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP 2015
The Global Entrepreneurship Week Nigeria Campaign gets off to an active start with a walk for entrepreneurship on the 14th of November.
This walk aims to engage interested entrepreneurial youth in a 9km walk around Victoria Island, Lagos to boost awareness on the need for innovation and entrepreneurship in Nigeria especially with the rate of unemployment in the country. The walk will take place simultaneously in Ibadan and the capital city, Abuja.
Support women empowerment in Nigeria at the WoWe
WOWe aims to spread knowledge about women entrepreneurs in West Africa. It creates an opportunity for aspiring entrepreneurs to meet female entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs and learn practical business tips from them which could help them transform their businesses and realize their entrepreneurial ambitions. “The Womentrepreneur- Opportunities on the Horizon” is slated to take place on the 18th of November in Lagos, Nigeria’s business capital.
Engage with Nigeria’s celebrities at the 10th Headies Awards!
This promises to be Nigeria’s biggest and most prestigious music awards. Since its debut in 2006, it has
become one of the most anticipated annual events in Nigeria. The brand awareness has definitely increased immensely since its inception. The nomination lists for this year’s awards are out and it promises to be quite interesting!
Celebrate at the Carnival 2015 in Rivers
Hosted by the people of Rivers state, Carnival promises to be a fusion of arts and culture. Each year’s carnival takes on a theme that defines the mission for the year. Last year was themed – Unified in our destiny – and the theme for Carnival 2015 is “People of the Future”. Experience the warmth and hospitality of the people of Rivers, they are known for being peaceful and for having a strong regard for positive development.
Experience the exotic Calabar Carnival
The famous Calabar Carnival is quite renowned for attracting hordes of tourists and travelers to Nigeria. It’s arguably the largest cultural festival in West Africa with approximately two million spectators and even more television viewers.
This month-long carnival is definitely not one to miss! The unique display of African heritage showcased through music and visual creativity is reflected in the costumes and dance routine of the paraders.
More from my site
- Forget Wizkid and Davido! Olamide Is Nigeria’s Highest Paid Artist — Alex Ozone - September 25, 2017
- Beat FM Lagos, OAP Toolz Oniru Confirms Pregnancy Loss With New Photos - September 25, 2017
- Kim Kardashian Revealed Epic Revelation How She Fell In Love with Kanye West - September 25, 2017
- Singer Skales Revealed Amazing Secret How Olamide Saves His Career - September 25, 2017
- Copy Of The Legal Termination Letter Peter Okoye Sent To Their Lawyer, Festus Keyamo Over P-Square Split Contractual Agreement - September 25, 2017
- P-Square is Over! The Untold Truth Behind Peter and Paul Okoye Split Saga - September 25, 2017
- The Aristocrat Out With Another Danceable Song ” Funaab Girl ” (Freesyle) + Download The Aristocrat — Funaab Girl (Freestyle) Ft Bravoor - September 23, 2017
- Have You Ever Forget What It Feels Like to Be In Love, Tiwa Savage Will Remind You In Her Sugarcane EP - September 22, 2017
- Which Nigerian Artistes Had the Best International Music Collaboration in 2017 - September 21, 2017
- From Mr Eazi to Davido, Now D’banj! Eedris Abdulkareem Had Harsh Words for D’Banj, While Glorified Don Jazzy - September 21, 2017