Ibadan based businessman and Billionaire turned politician Engr Seyi Makinde, is a former governorship aspirant of Oyo-State in the 2015 general election, under the platform Social Democratic Party (SDP).
Engr Seyi Makinde, fondly called Omi Tuntun by his loyalist contested for the biggest public office post in the state alongside with gladiators such as Senator Rashidi Ladoja (Accord Party ), Otunba Adebayo Alao Akala (Labour Party), Senator Teslim Folarin (PDP) and Senator Abiola Ajimobi (APC) who eventually win the election.
The outcome of the 2015 general election result is not favorable for a common Nigerian politicians that sees public office as a business than to serve the people, but Seyi Makinde desire to serve the people made him to see the result as a welcome development for him ahead of the 2019 general election.
Before the 2015 general election, Engr Seyi Makinde and Otunba Alao Akala are both member of the People Democratic Party (PDP), but they both lost the party mandate to Senator Teslim Folarin who later became the party governorship aspirant, while Makinde and Akala find their luck at SDP and Labour Party respectively.
Ever since he has lost the election in 2015, Seyi Makinde has been going through a lot of grassroots developmental initiatives in order to buy more people to himself ahead of the 2019 general election in the state.
However, since he lost the election to Ajimobi in 2015, Makinde has been seen using road side billboard to sell his face and his governorship ambition to the good people of Oyo-State by wishing them either in the Christmas/New Year or Eid Al-Fitr and Eid Al-Adha season with the SDP affiliation logo.
His recent message to the good people of Oyo-State in this Easter season change the narrative, as the billboard that I spotted along Akinyemi Way, Ring-Road did not display any SDP affiliation logo on it, which cause confusion on which party does he belong to now.
After Unsuccessful Outing with SDP in 2015, Where Is Seyi Makinde Heading To Ahead of 2019 Election
Since the 2015 election, here is what people are saying about Seyi Makinde governorship ambition in the state — he should move to APC, Accord Party or come back to the PDP, while some believes that wherever platform he chose they will follow him.
If he chose APC, he will be gunning for the governorship post alongside with minister of communication, Barrister Adebayo Shittu, Adesoji Akanbi ,Bayo Adewusi,Niyi Akintola and others, while if he chose Accord Party, he will fight the trust battle with Senator Rashidi Ladoja, Senator Olufemi Lanlehin and Chief Bisi Ilaka. If he decide to go back to PDP, he will be gunning for the governorship alongside with Senator Teslim Folarin and lastly if he stay at SDP — He’s man of himself and he will picked without any opposition.
He guys! The ball is in your court — Should Seyi Makinde Stay at SDP or Move to APC, PDP or Accord Party
More from my site
- 10 Times DJ Cuppy Rock Ankara Attire that Will Totally Make You In Love with Her - November 17, 2017
- Wizkid and Davido Takes Their Beef Fight to Dubai, Watch How Wizkid And Davido’s Crew Attack Sarkodie As They Clash Violently In Dubai - November 17, 2017
- Music Entrepreneur Davido Signed New Artist to DMW Label - November 16, 2017
- Lamborghini Gives Pope Francis Personalized Car as Gift, But Plans to Auction it for Charity - November 15, 2017
- Reekado Banks to Hold his ” Thank You Concert ” at Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 - November 15, 2017
- Organisers of Ibadan Countdown Festival 2017 Unveils Activities for this Year Festival - November 15, 2017
- Meet Yvonne Nelson’s Baby Daddy, Who Is A British Photographer - November 15, 2017
- American Singer August Alsina Blasts his Record Label in Twitter Rant ” Tell My Trash Record Label Def Jam to Free Me ” - November 15, 2017
- 5 Points To Protect Your Website From Hackers - November 15, 2017
- Internet Went Frenzy as Wizkid Subtly Use Simi To Shade Davido - November 14, 2017