Nigerian rap mogul and Chocolate City Music boss M.I Abaga was recently a guest at EbonyLifeTV’s The Spot, where he talks about life as a CEO and his experience having to develop artists under the label.
In the interview, M.I Abaga talks about his passion, business and art of music, and the approach he takes to managing each artist in Chocolate City.
“ I have always wanted to be the business guy, but nothing fully prepares you especially with what I am doing now, Everyday you think you’ve gained some experience, the next morning, you forget everything and start again because every artist is so unique and have their own journeys, so you just have to stay listening and stay malleable.” MI remarked.
He further speaks on the label structure of the business, says there isn’t enough structure and the nature of the music structure business gets quite complicated, and artists are still trying to figure it out, speaking of royalties for songwriters, arists, producers and performers.
The Black Short Rapper discussed the issue of one hit wonders, the processes that go into selecting a song for release and more.
More from my site
- Forget Wizkid and Davido! Olamide Is Nigeria’s Highest Paid Artist — Alex Ozone - September 25, 2017
- Beat FM Lagos, OAP Toolz Oniru Confirms Pregnancy Loss With New Photos - September 25, 2017
- Kim Kardashian Revealed Epic Revelation How She Fell In Love with Kanye West - September 25, 2017
- Singer Skales Revealed Amazing Secret How Olamide Saves His Career - September 25, 2017
- Copy Of The Legal Termination Letter Peter Okoye Sent To Their Lawyer, Festus Keyamo Over P-Square Split Contractual Agreement - September 25, 2017
- P-Square is Over! The Untold Truth Behind Peter and Paul Okoye Split Saga - September 25, 2017
- The Aristocrat Out With Another Danceable Song ” Funaab Girl ” (Freesyle) + Download The Aristocrat — Funaab Girl (Freestyle) Ft Bravoor - September 23, 2017
- Have You Ever Forget What It Feels Like to Be In Love, Tiwa Savage Will Remind You In Her Sugarcane EP - September 22, 2017
- Which Nigerian Artistes Had the Best International Music Collaboration in 2017 - September 21, 2017
- From Mr Eazi to Davido, Now D’banj! Eedris Abdulkareem Had Harsh Words for D’Banj, While Glorified Don Jazzy - September 21, 2017