Nigerian rap mogul and Chocolate City Music boss M.I Abaga was recently a guest at EbonyLifeTV’s The Spot, where he talks about life as a CEO and his experience having to develop artists under the label.
In the interview, M.I Abaga talks about his passion, business and art of music, and the approach he takes to managing each artist in Chocolate City.
“ I have always wanted to be the business guy, but nothing fully prepares you especially with what I am doing now, Everyday you think you’ve gained some experience, the next morning, you forget everything and start again because every artist is so unique and have their own journeys, so you just have to stay listening and stay malleable.” MI remarked.
He further speaks on the label structure of the business, says there isn’t enough structure and the nature of the music structure business gets quite complicated, and artists are still trying to figure it out, speaking of royalties for songwriters, arists, producers and performers.
The Black Short Rapper discussed the issue of one hit wonders, the processes that go into selecting a song for release and more.
More from my site
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017
- Wizkid Takes Us On New Ride with Unreleased Video of ” Come Closer ” Without Drake - July 1, 2017
- American Rap God Jay-Z Drops 13th Studio Album “4:44”, Address Issues of Cheating on His Wife, Confirms that His Mother is Lesbian, Black Supremacy and Others - June 30, 2017