Nigerian rap mogul and Chocolate City Music boss M.I Abaga was recently a guest at EbonyLifeTV’s The Spot, where he talks about life as a CEO and his experience having to develop artists under the label.
In the interview, M.I Abaga talks about his passion, business and art of music, and the approach he takes to managing each artist in Chocolate City.
“ I have always wanted to be the business guy, but nothing fully prepares you especially with what I am doing now, Everyday you think you’ve gained some experience, the next morning, you forget everything and start again because every artist is so unique and have their own journeys, so you just have to stay listening and stay malleable.” MI remarked.
He further speaks on the label structure of the business, says there isn’t enough structure and the nature of the music structure business gets quite complicated, and artists are still trying to figure it out, speaking of royalties for songwriters, arists, producers and performers.
The Black Short Rapper discussed the issue of one hit wonders, the processes that go into selecting a song for release and more.
More from my site
- How OOU Final Year Student Dies in Car Accident, Months to Graduation - May 29, 2017
- 4 Reasons Lionel Messi is Most Overrated Player Of All Time - May 29, 2017
- Democracy Day : Here are Five Reason Buhari Should Resign as Nigeria’s President - May 29, 2017
- Happy Democracy Day to All GYonlineNG Readers - May 29, 2017
- Nigerian Musician Davido Called Out for Failing to Honour a Promise he Made on Poor Journalist ” The Wire Transfer, Davido & His Namesake Saga ” - May 27, 2017
- D’Prince is Here! Kokomaster D’banj Welcomes Baby Boy - May 26, 2017
- Twelve Years After Dropping Out, Mark Zuckerberg Bags Harvard Honourary Degree ” Mom I Always Told You I’d Come Back and Get My Degree ” - May 26, 2017
- Report : D’banj Reportedly Expecting A Child With His Wife In US - May 26, 2017
- Kcee Fires Shot at Harrysong Song-Writing Claims ” When I won Star Quest in 2002, Harrysong was Still in the Village ” - May 26, 2017
- Wizkid Announces Summer Mixtape ” Sound of The Other Side ” Releases Date - May 24, 2017