According to latest ranking index by American business Magazine Forbes, revealed that Manchester United are now second most valuable sport brand in the world. The Forbes ranking index value Manchester United brand with an incredible £3.16billion, despite not winning any trophy last season.
The Premiere League giant Man United was in the second spot, while American NFL franchise Dallas Cowboys, worth at jaw-dropping £3.67bn tops the ranking index, and the likes of Real Madrid & Barcelona are third and fourth with valuation of £3.13bn and £3.11bn respectively.
United finished the Premiere League standing at second spot with distant of 19 points behind their neighbours City club Manchester City, who eventually winthe league, but the top brass at the club can be content in the knowledge that their brand is still thriving. However, the German champion Bayern Munich are the only other football team outside the Premier League to make the list, sitting 12th and valued at £2.35bn.
‘There has never been a better time to own a top-notch pro sports franchise,’ said Kurt Badenhausen, a senior editor at Forbes. ‘Blockbuster TV contracts and owner-friendly collective bargaining agreements are fueling record sale prices across major sports leagues.’
In order news, the US sports dominated the list, with eight NBA teams also included, and six MLB franchises. In a sign of the difficult times facing motor racing, not one Formula One team featured in the top 50.
TOP 10 Most Valuable Sports Team By FORBES
1. Dallas Cowboys £3,67bn (NFL)
2. Man Utd £3.16bn (football)
3. Real Madrid £3.14bn (football)
4. Barcelona £3.11bn (football)
5. New York Yankees £3.07bn (MLB)
6. New England Patriots £2.84bn (NFL)
7. New York Knicks £2.76bn (NBA)
8. Los Angeles Lakers £2.53bn (NBA)
8. New York Giants, £2.53bn (NFL)
10. Golden State £2.38bn (NBA)
39. Arsenal £1.71bn (football)
46. Chelsea £1.58bn (football)