With outburst of MP3 in the early 2000’s which lead to the evolution of downloading and streaming music in the 21th century away from the traditional era of selling music in CD’s format.
The outburst of downloading music for free on music blogs and music sites are gradually fading away in Nigeria and with the introduction of Spinlet, MTN Music Plus, MyMusicNG and many others as a digital music selling platform, which have give artists, record labels and music entrepreneurs hope of investing the creative art of Nigeria music Industry.
The evolution of Digital music in 21th century has created an avenue where by musicians and record labels can easily sell their music away from the traditional means of selling and distribution of albums at the Alaba international market.
The World Wide Web (www) has now make it easily musicians to reach more audience and also make money from their content.
If you are a Nigerian musician, upcoming artist or ” already arrived ” lol, for looking for ways on how to sell you music online in Nigeria, you search ends here because am going to share with easiest way make money and sell you music on Spinlet here in Nigeria.
Over the past few weeks now, have received several mails from upcoming artists that want to know means on how they can sell their music in Nigeria.
How to Sell Your Music Online in Nigeria with Spinlet
In this post am going to share with you African’s leading iTunes alternative platform called ” Spinlet ”. Spinlet is a music streaming and pay per download offers for its African music catalogue. The company was founded in 2006 by Ville Leino and Sami Leino, have it headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria; Cape Town, South Africa; and Finland.
Spinlet was launched in Nigeria in May 2011 and since then they have been increasing its availability across the globe. It application is supported on Android, BlackBerry and Symbian and is available for free download via the Android Market, Blackberry Store, and Symbian Platform. Spinlet slogan is ” Think Music ”.
I reach out Spinlet official on social media on how independent artists could sell their music on their platform? They reply me back by saying it simple by just forwarding mail to them.
— Spinlet.com (@spinlet) November 13, 2015
What you need for your request to be granted?.
Send a colour scan of an original form of identification
They will reply you back with artiste digital right agreement and they will also arrange for the delivery of your content to their platform.
Send short bio about yourself to them.
Send the wav and MP3 version of the song.
You can send professional & original cover to them ( Let your cover art be professional just like the elite musicians ).
You must own that song.
The beat for the song must be your not copy from any other person.
Recently Spinlet reported that they have about 2 Millions subscribers on their platform and also it close competitors MTN Music Plus says that they have paid #500 Millions to artists in the last 18 months, that means Nigerians are buying music online right now.
The platform have success of selling exclusive right to Ice Prince‘s ” Fire of Zamani ” and Dammy Krane‘s ” The Enterkraner ” album and many others.
Spinlet offers 2 streaming subscription models:
1. A freemium model ( with ads that pop up while streaming)
2. A premium subscription model with no in-stream pop up ads. For premium subscribers plans:
A. A 7 days subscription at 350
B. A 1 month subscription at #1,000.
About few weeks ago, Spinlet becomes first ever Africa’s music streaming platform to appoint it ISRC manager in Nigeria. ISRC means International Standard Recording Code, is an international identification system for sound recording and music video recording.
ISRC enables recording to be uniquely and permanent identified and it also help avoid ambiguity and simplifies the management of right when recording are used across different formats, distribution channel or product.
More from my site
- Have You Ever Forget What It Feels Like to Be In Love, Tiwa Savage Will Remind You In Her Sugarcane EP - September 22, 2017
- Which Nigerian Artistes Had the Best International Music Collaboration in 2017 - September 21, 2017
- From Mr Eazi to Davido, Now D’banj! Eedris Abdulkareem Had Harsh Words for D’Banj, While Glorified Don Jazzy - September 21, 2017
- Whatever He Touches Turns Gold! Wizkid & Drake’s Romance Hit Song ” One Dance ” Breaks Guinness Book of Records - September 21, 2017
- Global Sound! Afrobeat Goes Global as Wizkid Takes Future on New Ride of African Sound in ” Everytime ” - September 20, 2017
- French Montana & Ty Dolla Sign Revamp Mr Eazi’s ” Leg Over ” Remix with Major Lazer with New Flavour - September 16, 2017
- Ice Prince Returns Back to His Hip-Hop Root in ” Owonikoko ” Featuring Olamide - September 16, 2017
- The Aristocrat Releases Visual for His ” Wo’s ” Viral Cover by Olamide, Directed by Mofti Pro - September 15, 2017
- Developing Story : Rising Star CKay Rides on the Free Publicity of ” Who The Fu**k Is CKay ” Hullabalu, As He Releases ” Who The Fu**k Is CKay ” EP - September 9, 2017
- Africa Must Rise, Perception Or Reality by Ogunmola Tope - September 7, 2017