Sometimes last year, a report surface online that Nigerian pop star Wizkid has signed a recording deal with Sony Music‘s baby sister company RCA Records, though there are no official press statement from the Sony Music’s camp and also Wizkid himself keep mute about the news.
But with the way things are kept secretly between both parties, and the way things are now, will still find it to believe that Wizkid‘s signed a recording with the America’s record label company owned by Sony Music Entertainment, because they both keep the announcement secretly and no project are out from him under the label imprint.
In 2016 alone, Nigerian music star Wizkid enjoyed massive media mentions and the success acquired from his effort in Drake‘s ” One Dance ” hit single that stayed on Billboard Hot 100 Chart No.1 for more than 10 weeks.
Though sometimes last year December, he released a track titled ” Daddy Yo ” which was produced by Dre Skull (who is prominently producer in the Caribbean) and there is activity going on his career. The ” Daddy Yo ” track sees the Wizkid relies on Drake‘s ” One Dance ” reggaeton influence, which gave birth to his latest leaked track ” Hush the Silence ” with Drake that hit internet few days ago. However, the Sony Music has reacted quickly to the situation by scrubbing every file of the track and also hastening released of the track.
According to report, the song was recently sent out to radio in the US and UK, and an official date for the release has been planned. The roll-out of the single is really on, and the video has already been planned. There are images of a call casting for models who would want to take part in the video for the single. The same is happening for his recently released single with Jamaican top act, Vybz Kartel.
In 2017, RCA Records has disclosed that Wizkid‘s one of their top priority. This top priority decision has been confirmed by RCA Records executives Peter Edge and Tom Corson in recent interview conducted by Music Business Worldwide, inferred with informed sources that the record label has Wizkid as one of its priorities. Other artistes include Miley Cyrus, Pink! and Bryson Tiller. It reads:
“New RCA priorities in 2017 include 18-year-old Texan Khalid, All My Friends singer Tinashe, Nigerian One Dance collaborator Wizkid, hip-hop artist Goldlink and band Muna – while we can also expect new records from Bryson Tiller, Pink! and perhaps from Miley Cyrus, who’s started work on her RCA follow-up to Bangerz.”
More from my site
- Ex American President Barrack Obama, Break Internet with Most-Liked Tweet on Charlottesville Saga - August 16, 2017
- Changing the Culture by Forming a new Habit Model of Newsletter! - August 3, 2017
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017