Sometimes last year, a report surface online that Nigerian pop star Wizkid has signed a recording deal with Sony Music‘s baby sister company RCA Records, though there are no official press statement from the Sony Music’s camp and also Wizkid himself keep mute about the news.
But with the way things are kept secretly between both parties, and the way things are now, will still find it to believe that Wizkid‘s signed a recording with the America’s record label company owned by Sony Music Entertainment, because they both keep the announcement secretly and no project are out from him under the label imprint.
In 2016 alone, Nigerian music star Wizkid enjoyed massive media mentions and the success acquired from his effort in Drake‘s ” One Dance ” hit single that stayed on Billboard Hot 100 Chart No.1 for more than 10 weeks.
Though sometimes last year December, he released a track titled ” Daddy Yo ” which was produced by Dre Skull (who is prominently producer in the Caribbean) and there is activity going on his career. The ” Daddy Yo ” track sees the Wizkid relies on Drake‘s ” One Dance ” reggaeton influence, which gave birth to his latest leaked track ” Hush the Silence ” with Drake that hit internet few days ago. However, the Sony Music has reacted quickly to the situation by scrubbing every file of the track and also hastening released of the track.
According to report, the song was recently sent out to radio in the US and UK, and an official date for the release has been planned. The roll-out of the single is really on, and the video has already been planned. There are images of a call casting for models who would want to take part in the video for the single. The same is happening for his recently released single with Jamaican top act, Vybz Kartel.
In 2017, RCA Records has disclosed that Wizkid‘s one of their top priority. This top priority decision has been confirmed by RCA Records executives Peter Edge and Tom Corson in recent interview conducted by Music Business Worldwide, inferred with informed sources that the record label has Wizkid as one of its priorities. Other artistes include Miley Cyrus, Pink! and Bryson Tiller. It reads:
“New RCA priorities in 2017 include 18-year-old Texan Khalid, All My Friends singer Tinashe, Nigerian One Dance collaborator Wizkid, hip-hop artist Goldlink and band Muna – while we can also expect new records from Bryson Tiller, Pink! and perhaps from Miley Cyrus, who’s started work on her RCA follow-up to Bangerz.”
More from my site
- Uncensored: Toyo Baby Open Ups on Relationship with Funke Akindele, Departure from Jenifa’s Diary & Her Unofficial Roles with Aunty Funke - June 22, 2017
- Has Alao-Akala Died Politically? | The Policeman Who Became A Governor - June 21, 2017
- Kim Kardashian New Beauty Line Sold Out in Millions Within Three Hours of Launch - June 21, 2017
- DJ Khaled Launches His Headphones - June 21, 2017
- After Months of Crisis, CEO of Uber Travis Kalanick Resigns - June 21, 2017
- Breaking : President Buhari Suffers Speech Impairement In The UK - June 20, 2017
- American Celebrity Power Couple Jay-Z and Beyoncé Welcomes Twins — Taye & Kehinde, Born Ahead of Time - June 20, 2017
- Foreign & Nigerian Banks Take Over Etisalat Nigeria Due to $1.72 billion Debt - June 20, 2017
- Moving to APC or Not, Misiliu Obanikoro Denies Report of Joining APC - June 20, 2017
- From Messi to Ronaldo, Now Jose Mourinho Accused of Tax Fraud in Spain - June 20, 2017