Words defy how to explain the perfect waterfall… Perfection, ambience, tranquil… For many of us summer is the time to kick back and relax, for others summer time is party time: For the latter discovering Africa’s beautiful falls is a good way to go when you plan on making the journey solo or with family. Jovago.com brings you a couple of great waterfalls you should visit to make this summer your most memorable yet!!!
The time has come to duly appreciate the beauty in Africa – join us as we unveil 7 African Waterfalls To Visit this Summer.
This notable waterfall is a breathtaking sight for sore eyes, located on the Zambezi River, it forms the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe, today Victoria Falls attracts tourists from all around the world.
The Kololo tribe that inhabited in the area describe the falls as ‘The Smoke that Thunders’ which translates to ‘Mosi-oa-Tunya’ in their local dialect.
This is the largest of all Uganda’s national parks, spanning over about 4000 sq.km, it is renowned for its beauty and of course the waterfall which has attracted more and more tourists to the park. The number of tourists to Murchison Falls has more than doubled from 2006 to 2010! Its plentitude of flora and fauna of over 400 species is more than enough to cause tourists to marvel. The Murchison Falls is the perfect icing to the on cake for this national park – an interesting proposition is to go up the trail to the top of the falls or paying a visit to the bat caves!
Also known as Nyahururu, this waterfall is difficult to miss! For adventure-seekers, the wildlife is entirely for your viewing pleasure, try not to get hurt! the rim of the gorge provides several viewing spots for a good view or selfie with the waterfall in the background.The waterfall plunges about 72m onto the Ewaso Narok River.
Ouzoud Falls, Morrocco
The Ouzoud Waterfalls is recognised as the most surprising and beautiful attractions in Morocco. The sound of the water slapping which splashes from a height of over 100 meters on the rocks is quite soothing; the view, a mixture of the powerful waterfalls against the red sandstone is nothing short of scenic.
Don’t forget to pause and relish this moment, it is truly priceless. At about 150 km from Marrakesh, the Falls make for an ideal day trip at any time of year!
Wli Falls, Ghana
Located in the Hohoe municipality, it is closer to the Republic of Togo than the capital city of Ghana, Accra. This is undoubtedly the most impressive waterfall in Ghana and is even argued to be the highest waterfall in West Africa.
Geographically located in Niger State on the road between Suleja and Minna, the waterfalls span 200 meters across with a sheer drop of 30 meters. Early in the year, the falls are a trickle and visitors can swim in clear pools at the bottom of the falls. Tourists can easily take a trip down to the gushing Gurara waterfalls – which is about an hour out of the city of Abuja. The sparkling water under the sun is purely marvelous as it falls into a pond some 20 meters before returning to tranquility.
Set on the shore of Lake Tana, where local fishermen abound. It is about 30 km from the spectacular Tisisat Falls.
The Blue Nile creates vapour which is amazing to see as it plunges into the gorge. Bahar Dar teems with explorable ancient monasteries built around the lake, or on its many Islands including Dek Stephanos and Ura Kidane Mehret amongst others.
The colourful local market at Bahar Dar is another great option for tourists looking to wander and get beautiful souvenirs at amazing prices!
More from my site
- Ex American President Barrack Obama, Break Internet with Most-Liked Tweet on Charlottesville Saga - August 16, 2017
- Changing the Culture by Forming a new Habit Model of Newsletter! - August 3, 2017
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017