It won’t be an exaggeration if you say Lagos is LIVE. It presents so much adventure even from day to day activities. In this beautiful coastal city, there is so much leisure activity you can always engage in.
Beyond driving around, going to the beaches and clubbing, another spectacular way to enjoy your weekend or a vacation is to take a boat ride to different places; having a picturesque view of the city. Here are some of the favourite destinations you can take a boat ride and experience the coastal Lagos.
The island of Takwa Bay is situated along the shores of Lagos buffered by walls of rocks that makes the beach a pleasant place for swimming.
As Takwa Bay is only accessible by waterway, the boat ride down to the beach is a good avenue to sightsee Lagos from the coast. You can get a boat from Maroko, LekkiEpe Expressway Jetty and Falomo Bridge.
The island beach is a favourite spot for different water sports activities like jet skiing and surfing.
On the splendid bank of the Lagos Lagoon and the Atlantic Ocean is the Inagbe Island. The island hosts the Inagbe Grand Resort and Leisure, a top getaway and tourist destination. Visitors can board a boat at the Regatta Jetty in Ikoyi.
Enjoy your 25 minutes ride to the island, taking memorable pictures of the vanishing land, long stretch of ocean, other seafarers and the islands along the route.
Some of the places you can see from the boat ride are Tin Can and Snake Islands. Enjoy a perfect weekend getaway on the island by booking a room in theInagbe Grand Resort and Leisure.
Ilashe is an enchanting unspoiled island, along the Atlantic Ocean bordered by the Badagry Creek. It is accessible from jetties in Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Lekki and Apapa. Be sure to leave the island before 5pm so as not to encounter transportation issues.
Ikorodu – Lagos Island
If you are living in Ikorodu and working in places around Victoria Island, you probably already enjoy a regular boat ride to and fro every day.
But if you haven’t tried it yet, you definitely should. Apart from escaping so much traffic, treat yourself to the scenic view of the Lagos mainland while taking in the coastal breeze. The experience has to be lived, not imagined.
There are a number of boat cruise companies you can consult for a group trip, boat events and parties. Get away from the busy streets and have amazing boat ride experience to various islands in Lagos.
More from my site
- The Aristocrat Out With Another Danceable Song ” Funaab Girl ” (Freesyle) + Download The Aristocrat — Funaab Girl (Freestyle) Ft Bravoor - September 23, 2017
- Have You Ever Forget What It Feels Like to Be In Love, Tiwa Savage Will Remind You In Her Sugarcane EP - September 22, 2017
- Which Nigerian Artistes Had the Best International Music Collaboration in 2017 - September 21, 2017
- From Mr Eazi to Davido, Now D’banj! Eedris Abdulkareem Had Harsh Words for D’Banj, While Glorified Don Jazzy - September 21, 2017
- Whatever He Touches Turns Gold! Wizkid & Drake’s Romance Hit Song ” One Dance ” Breaks Guinness Book of Records - September 21, 2017
- Global Sound! Afrobeat Goes Global as Wizkid Takes Future on New Ride of African Sound in ” Everytime ” - September 20, 2017
- French Montana & Ty Dolla Sign Revamp Mr Eazi’s ” Leg Over ” Remix with Major Lazer with New Flavour - September 16, 2017
- Ice Prince Returns Back to His Hip-Hop Root in ” Owonikoko ” Featuring Olamide - September 16, 2017
- The Aristocrat Releases Visual for His ” Wo’s ” Viral Cover by Olamide, Directed by Mofti Pro - September 15, 2017
- Developing Story : Rising Star CKay Rides on the Free Publicity of ” Who The Fu**k Is CKay ” Hullabalu, As He Releases ” Who The Fu**k Is CKay ” EP - September 9, 2017