Marvin Records boss and ace music producer Don Jazzy, alongside with comedian Ayo Makun ( AY) , disc jockey DJ Exclusive and media mogul Mo Abudu were among a slew of creative entrepreneurs individuals that win big at the Creative Industry Awards 2015.
The award ceremony was held on Saturday, January 24 at the British Council Gardens, Ikoyi, Lagos.
The event have the presence of representatives of Lagos State Governor ( Raji Fashola) , Chairman of Heirs Holding Company ( Tony Elumelu) and MD of Bank of Industry and many others dignitaries graced the ceremony.
Ace music producer Don Jazzy, won the award in music category (record label, production houses, artiste management and marketers) category, beating the likes of 2face and Illbliss.
Ayo Makun was also honoured as his show “AY Show” came tops in the comedy category. His box-office hit, 30 Days in Atlanta also won him another award as he was named the winner of the film category.
Other winners on the night include, Shola Animashaun, DJ Exclusive, Adesua Oyenokwe (TW Magazine), Mo Abudu, Architect Olumide Ayodele, Bankole Cadoso, Adedoyin Balogun, Bella Naija, Bayo Haastrup and a host of others.
The Creative Industry Awards aims to reward initiative, talent, creativity and entrepreneurship across the Nigerian creative industries.
Complete Full List of Winner at Creative Industry Award 2015
1. Visual Arts (Painting, Sculpture, Photography, Antique): Shola Animashaun
2. Performing Arts (Live Music, Dance, Theatre, Dj): Dj Xclusive
3. Comedy (Stand Up Comedy, Tv Comedy Shows, Comedy Films): Ay Show
4. Music (Record Label, Production Houses, Artiste Management, Marketers): Don Jazzy
5. Film (Production Houses, Producers, Marketers): Ayo Makun – 30 Days In Atlanta
6. Publishing (Books, Newspapers, Magazines, Journals): Adesua Oyenokwe – Tw Magazine
7. Audio Visual (Television, Radio): Mo Abudu – Ebonylife Tv
8. Creative Service (Architecture, Advertising): Architech Olumide Ayodele – Studio Stoone Designs
9. Tech Businesses: Bankole Cardoso – Easy Taxi
10. Fashion: Adedoyin Balogun – Baldon
11. Bloggers: Uche Eze – Bella Naija
12. Gastronomy (Sugar Craft, Culinary Arts): Kogsy
13. Make Up (Costumiers, Makeup Artistes): Bayo Haastrup
14. Startup Of The Year: Olu’yomi Ojo – Printivo
15. Emerging Female Entrepreneur Of The Year: Achenyo Idachaba
16. Creative Innovation Award: Onibokun Ayobami And Odebode Ademola – Repairam.Com
17. Entrepreneurship Writer/Blogger Of The Year: Olufemi Omotayo – Entreprenews
18. Social Entreprise Award: Showore – Sahara Reporters
19. Creative Entrepreneur Of The Year: Ayo Makun
20. Most Creative/Innovative State: Lagos State – Mr. Babatunde Fashola (San)
21. Award For The Highest Support For The Nigeria Creative Industry: Bank Of Industry And Tony Elumelu Foundation