A tumultuous direct primary election by APC in Lagos came to an end when Babajide Sanwo-Olu was elected as the party’s governorship candidate. Governor Ambode had a difficult time winning the re-election after he fell out with his benefactor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. And political analyst & Pundits have alluded Ambode‘s failed bid to some anti-people and anti-party policies.
Ambode’s government demolished homes of residents of Otodo Gbame a water front community without compensations,
Lagos Traffic Congestions
Lagosians laments their harrowing experience due to traffic congestions exacerbated by multiple infrastructure projects across the State without any proper measures.
Appalling Waste Management
The obvious failure of visionscape Sanitation Solutions Ltd and the government’s Cleaner Lagos Initiative.
Outrace Over New Land Use Charge
Ambode slammed land/building owners with an outrageous new land use charge with adequate consultation.
Disruption of the Party’s Political Structure
Ambode attempts to impose SLG and Supervisory Councillors at Local Governments.
Here Are 25 Reasons Why Lagosians Switched From Ambode For His Re-Run Bid
1. Removed Oresanya LAWMA boss, sacked LASAA boss, sacked LAMATA boss, disorganized LASEB, disorganized LAWMA, public works, changed KAI to LAGESC. Oga calm down, he no listen.
2. Sacked over 25000 staff of Lawma in one day and introduced Visionscape that was dead on arrival.
3. Sacked Alausa Chaplain because the wife was not first to take holy communion.
4.Increased Toll fees and property tax.
5. Treating electorates with disdain. No communication and accessibility.
6. Abandoning the Lagos healthcare plan.
7. Dilapidated infrastructure.
8. Unconcern to traffic gridlock
9. Disengaged almost 300 health volunteers who have put five years of their lifetime into volunteering for Lagos state primary healthcare system. Stepped into data gathering and management. They have become experts in the data system. Sack them just because FASHOLA recruited them.
10. Nobody could reach him to advise him.
Till today Oga Ade is yet to provide land for National Housing project despite Fashola’s plea as minister of Housing.. 30 states have.
11. He is personally vindictive of anyone that criticizes him.
12. He threw the mother of the former National Legal adviser out of his house because he opposed him.
13. He threw more than 5000 street sweeper and refuse worker off their job gave to a new company Lagos was spending N300m on waste now it N930m yet the whole place is dirty,
14. His commissioners cannot call. He does not pick calls except he calls them.
15. Projects they send to him are only approved if his cronies are given the jobs even when they are not qualified since they did not bid.
16. He has only constructed One bridge at Abule-egba and has massive road projects, what of housing, what of health, what of school, what of job/employment creation.
17. The flood and traffic in Lagos and potholes everywhere is because as the practice he refused to release fund for drain clearance since he does not have cronies willing to do it,
18. He gave all the road projects to one contractor that is now overwhelmed.
19. Lagos exco meeting used to take 12 hrs and continue next day but now its 3-4 hours because he listens to no idea or arguments, all he say is “who is Governor”.
20. Lagos is about continuity so why abandon all the projects left by Fashola like Badagry expressway, the Light rail Project, Housing projects…Fashola gave jobs to party members depending on their competency.
21. Fashola never used siren but Ambode closes road if he wants to pass causing pains and traffic.
22. He has made himself governor of Epe while he did commendable well in touching Epe his hometown, but it was too lopsided and he and his cronies flaunt it.
23. Removal of Commissioner Ganiyu Johnson (works) TP Anifiwose (Physical planning) because they disagreed with him on a process. They are party men since 1999, building the party, people and policies, he joined APC in July 2014
24. At loggerheads with all party elders on whose shoulder he was hoisted on us in 2014. A lot more I hear but I will stop here……Now it is not TINUBU, it’s the party elders and members and for the growth of our party, they said let’s go for primaries.
Let nobody pity him cos he is the architect of his problems.