Just like his late father Dr Olusola Saraki, in the 2nd republic era in Nigeria history.
Former governor of Kwara State has been elected the president of the 8th Senate.
The newly senate president elect, Senator Bukola Saraki, of the All Progressives Congress, APC, defeated his party’s preferred candidate and strong opposition in the contests Senator Ahmed Lawan, to emerge the Senate president.
He was nominated by Sani Yerima and seconded by Dino Melaye.
Mr. Saraki has been sworn into office.
The election for the office of Senate Deputy President is still ongoing. Immediate past deputy, Ike Ekweremadu, is contesting against Ali Ndume from Borno State.
He is expected to win the race following a power sharing deal that had the minority but influential PDP back the new senate president, Bukola Saraki.
Our earlier update indicating Mr. Ekweremadu had been elected unopposed was in error and is regretted.
Report Credit: Premium Times
More from my site
- Ex American President Barrack Obama, Break Internet with Most-Liked Tweet on Charlottesville Saga - August 16, 2017
- Changing the Culture by Forming a new Habit Model of Newsletter! - August 3, 2017
- Eja Nla of Africa! D’banj Shot New Video in $22M Mansion in Bahamas - July 7, 2017
- Forget Forbes Richest List! D’banj is Self Made Billionaire as His Company Value at $100M - July 7, 2017
- Founder of Iroko TV, Jason Njoku Share His Experience with Nigerian Banks ” Nigerian Banks are Useless ” - July 7, 2017
- Entrepreneurship Lessons From Jay-Z’s New Album – 4.44 by Tunji Andrews - July 7, 2017
- After Days on Tidal, Jay-Z’s ” 4:44 ” Album Now Available on Major Streaming Platforms - July 7, 2017
- All Round Creative Genius Samklef Signs with Akon’s KonLive Record Label - July 3, 2017
- Kanye West Quits Jay Z’s Tidal Over Money Dispute - July 3, 2017
- Veteran Rapper Illbliss Welcomes His First Child - July 1, 2017