What Is CoronaVirus?
It’s no more news that Coronavirus has hit Nigeria, as the country’s financial hub health center confirmed the first case of Coronavirus in Lagos. The case is the first case to be reported in Nigeria since the outbreak in China in January 2020.
What Is CoronaVirus?
Corona is a large group of viruses, which can infect both humans and animals with cold-related diseases. The intensity of the in-faction rages from the common cold to acute respiratory syndrome.
Is There A Treatment For CoronaVirus?
No treatment for coronavirus before the outbreak in China this year, but supportive medical care is provided to help relieve the acuteness of the symptoms and control complications.
Is There A Vaccine For Coronavirus?
No Vaccine. I mean no vaccine so far for coronavirus.
What Are Signs and Symptoms of Coronavirus Infection?
- Shortness of breath
However, in some advance case, the patient can have very serious complications, which can lead to death, such as
- Severe Pneumonia
- Renal (Kidney Failure)
How the Coronavirus Does Transmit Between People?
It is believed that the Coronavirus transmits like other virus and Flu, which transmits through:
- Direct contact with infected patients
Droplets during the patients coughing or sneezing
- Contact with patients tools then directly touching the nose, mouth or eyes.
What Are Possible Methods of Protection From Coronavirus?
- Maintain good hand hygiene by constantly washing hands with soap and cleaning them with hand sanitizers, especially after coughing, sneezing or using toilets, before handling or preparing food, and after contact with patients or their personal belongings.
- Avoid direct hand contact with eyes and nose much as possible
- Wear masks in the heavily crowded areas especially during Hajj or Umrah.
- Avoid as much as possible contact with patients and their personal tools, and use masks
- When coughing or sneezing, use tissues to cover both mouth and nose. After that, dispose of the used tissue in the trash can. Then wash your hands thoroughly and properly. When you sneeze and there are no tissues available, use the upper part of your arms to cover your mouth and nose, and avoid using your hands.
- Maintain good hygiene habits in general
- Wash vegetables and fruits very well before eating them
- Keep a good healthy diet and exercise along with other healthy habits, in addition to having enough sleep, will enhance the body’s immune system.